December 2nd, 2013
Understanding how to hit long irons take a lot of time and dedication. We understand that! So in this post, we are giving out some tips that will help hit long irons with accuracy and confidence.
Hit Long Irons -The Key Elements:
If you want to hit long irons, these are four elements that you have to keep in mind: good balance, club head acceleration, smooth tempo and careful targeting
Hit Long Irons – The Key Goal:
Striking the ball cleanly and crisply is the main goal if you want to hit long irons. Here is how to get it done.
1. Do make sure that you have the proper solid stance when taking your address in golf. Try to flex your knees as you go through the swing.
2. Next is after taking your shot, you must bring your club back smoothly as you move from backswing to downswing. This is crucial for distance.
3. Unwind your hips and feet when you’re on the top of your backswing. Uncoil your lower body since it will give you enough power to move the ball down the range.
4. To be able to hit long irons, you have to keep your head down. By keeping your head still, you are lessening the chance for an error.
5. Next is to maintain your left arm straight. If you keep that arm straight you will no longer need to worry about making adjustments.
6. One misconception for most golfers is that they think they have to hit the ground initially to scoop the ball. The truth is the exact opposite is the right thing to do.
Remember hitting the ball first is the proper way to do it. It will let the ball fly in a descending arc. Let the club do what it should be doing and just focus on doing your part.
7. The last one is to complete the swing the with a follow through. We have discussed the importance of a follow through many times in this blog so you may want to check out the articles about it.
These tips mentioned above can really become handy if you want to learn how to hit long irons so implement them now and see the difference.